Department Staff Information
PO Box 66
Eastville, VA 23347
Board of Supervisors Building Department Code Compliance Commissioner of the Revenue County Administration Courts Emergency Services Finance Department Information Technology Parks & Recreation Planning & Zoning Public Works School Board Sheriff's Office Social Services Solid Waste Treasurer Voter Registration and Elections
Information Technology Department
The Information Technology (IT) Department provides computer support services to County Departments and Constitutional Offices. IT provides assistance with the development, operation and maintenance of computer systems in order to increase staff productivity and efficiency through improved information systems and services. Currently, the County's main computer system provides high-speed internet access to staff, processing for Planning and Building Inspection and a centralized Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Enhance current infrastructure to better serve all County Departments and Constitutional Offices with reliable, secure and accurate data.
- To plan, implement and maintain cost efficient computer software and hardware applications that can grow with the County's needs.
- To improve staff IT skills with on site training opportunities.
- Coordinate and develop eGOV opportunities so that citizens are ensured timely access to County services and operations.
VoIP Phone System
Northampton County recently implemented a Cisco VoIP telephone and data network.
Web Site Redesign
The I. T. Department has also recently redesigned the County's web site and continues to maintain current information for citizens and county employees.
New Integrated Software
The County has just begun implementation of a new software package which serves the Offices:
- Finance Department
- Accounts Payable
- Human Resources
- Treasurer's Office
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Building Department